Smoke House, Newport’s place to enjoy BBQ cookin’ and mason jar cocktails, will reopen for the 2018 season on Sunday, April 29th.
The downtown restaurant, which closes from mid-October to the end of April annually, is the only seasonal restaurant in the Newport Restaurant Group portfolio which includes 22 Bowen’s (Newport), Avivo Ristorante (Cranston), Boat House (Tiverton), Castle Hill Inn (Newport), Hemenway’s (Providence), The Mooring (Newport), Trio (Narragansett) and Waterman Grille (Providence).
Smoke House’s summer-inspired menu will once again include an array of appetizers including Corn & Crab Chowder; Smoke House Chili; Smoked Chicken Wings; Deviled Eggs; traditional Fried Pickles; Nachos; Hog Wings; Fried Pork Rinds and much more.. Traditional barbecue options will once again include Baby Back Ribs, Brisket, Chicken, Pulled Pork, and House-Made Sausage.
For a sweet taste of summertime, Smoke House serves a variety of refreshing mason jar cocktails, including the Summer Sangria, made with farmstand fruit, orange brandy and red or white wine; the Cojito, made with coconut rum, elderflower liqueur, fresh lime, mint and soda; the P.B.T. Peach Bourbon Tea with house-infused peach bourbon, crème de peche and cold brewed tea, and ‘mocktails’ such as the Nojito with fresh mint, lime and soda and the Smoke House-Made Lemonade with cranberry, orange juice, pineapple, sour and grenadine.
For more information on Smoke House, to see the full menu and for updated hours, visit the website at http://www.smokehousenewport.com/.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)