On Monday, April 30, 2018, National Grid Gas will continue completing the final restoration of the concrete roadway on Bellevue Ave from prior repairs. Work will be on Bellevue Ave at the intersection of Dixon St/Parker Ave, in both the northbound and southbound lanes, completing five concrete panels at this location.
The work includes the full excavation of the concrete panels and pouring of new concrete. Bellevue Ave northbound will be detoured at Narragansett Ave to Spring Street and or Annandale Road. The southbound lane of Bellevue Ave will remain open at
all times. The detour will be in place on Monday 04/30 from 7am-3pm only while concrete saw cutting takes place and Bellevue Ave will be fully open by 3 pm. Work will commence again on Tuesday 05/01 at 7 am with the detour in place around the clock until work is completed Friday, May 4th at 15hrs. when Bellevue Ave will be fully open. The southbound lane of Bellevue Ave will remain open at all times.
Police officers will be onsite to facilitate with the flow of traffic.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year