Several media outlets are reporting tonight that actor and writer Harry Anderson has died, he was 65 years old.
Anderson was most well known for Night Court (1984), Dave’s World (1993) and Mother Goose Rock ‘n’ Rhyme (1990).
Anderson was born on October 14, 195,2 in Newport.
“This morning at 6:41 a.m. the Asheville Police Department responded to the home of actor Harry Anderson where he was found deceased,” Asheville PD’s Public Affairs officer Christina Hallingse told The Hollywood Reporter. “No foul play is suspected.”
For the full story, visit ‘Night Court’ Actor Harry Anderson Dies at 65
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13