The Newport Art Museum will welcome parents and children to the galleries for the popular monthly Second Saturday program on Saturday, April 14 at 10:30 am.
Second Saturday presents engaging family- oriented programming designed to inspire young minds and satisfy the curiosity of every member of the family. Each Second Saturday is uniquely curated based on a theme, and includes a variety of activities geared for ages 3-10, and their parents.
This event joins the ranks of the many events and educational programs the Museum currently offers in its galleries at 76 Bellevue Avenue, Newport.
This month, the Providence Children’s Film Festival has assembled a shorts reel that will get visitors thinking about expanding their horizons beyond what meets the eye. After the films, join Art Museum artist instructors for a hands-on piñata decorating activity inspired by the incredible creations made in Mexico and seen in the documentary short “Piñata Kings.”
Films are for all ages and are in English, with English subtitles, or have no dialogue. Second Saturday is generously supported by the Hartfield Foundation.
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education