The Newport Police Department is seeking the public’s help in locating a local man involved in a shooting on Tuesday evening.
Newport Police Department provided the following information on Thursday morning;
On April 24, 2018 at 7:55 pm, Newport Police responded to the Festival Field apartment complex at 90 Girard Avenue for a report of an individual who had been shot in the upper torso. The victim was a 22 year old Newport resident and had been taken to the Newport Hospital then transferred to RI Hospital.
An investigation by Newport Police determined the shooter to be 21 year old Calvin O. Febles of Middletown. Both the victim and Febles were familiar with each other and the incident took place following an argument. Febles fled from the scene and is no longer in the immediate vicinity at this time. The Newport Police Department obtained an arrest warrant for Febles with the assistance of the RI Attorney General’s Office. Febles is currently wanted for using a Firearm When Committing a Crime of Violence, Assault and Battery with a Dangerous Weapon, and other additional charges.
The public is asked to report any information on Febles location to Newport Police at 401-847-1212.
This story will be updated when and if more information is provided.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)