Ray Gomes, Vice Chairperson of the Newport School Committee, and Dave Hanos, Chairperson of the Newport School Committee, joined me today on What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on AM 1540 WADK to discuss the confusion behind the scheduling of Parent-Teacher Conferences and more.
During the program, it was, in fact, confirmed that the Teachers’ Association of Newport and Newport School Committee agreed to a deal and Parent-Teacher Conferences would take place from 1 pm to 6 pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. You’ll hear the decision live at the end of the program.
Jennifer Azevedo, the Assistant Executive Director of UniServNEARI who represents the Teachers’ Association of Newport (TAN), accepted an invitation to join us on the program but notified us on Monday afternoon around 12:30 pm that she would not be able to make the interview.
The current schedule for Parent-Teacher Conferences (changes to this schedule are expected due to snow/no school on Tuesday).
Tuesday, March 13, 2018, Rogers High School Conferences 1:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 14, 2018, Pell Elementary School Conferences 1:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 15, 2018, Thompson Middle School Conferences 1:00 – 6:00 p.m.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13