Dave McLaughlin, Executive Director of Clean Ocean Access, joined me today on What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on AM 1540 WADK Newport to chat about the new Portsmouth single-use plastic bag ban, trash skimmers, rain barrels, Clean Ocean Access’s involvement with the Volvo Ocean Race Newport Stopover and more.
Dave is the Co-Founder of Clean Ocean Access and as Executive Director he is working on transforming the organization into a sustainable non-profit such that the mission lasts forever. He received his BS and MS in Applied Mathematics from the Florida Institute of Technology with a concentration in Atmospheric Science and Physical Oceanography. Before this journey, Dave had a career in Information Technology as an Enterprise Architect at Hasbro Toy Company.
For more information on Clean Ocean Access, visit www.cleanoceanaccess.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now