The Newport Police Department announced on Thursday that there will be temporary closures of the Cliff Walk, south of Seaview Avenue, on March 27th, 29th, and 30th.
Next week, minor Cliff Walk improvements will be completed south of Seaview Avenue (1/5th mile south of Memorial Blvd entrance). The Cliff Walk will remain open during much of the time, however, path closure immediately south of Seaview Avenue is anticipated on Tuesday, March 27th, Thursday, March 29th, and Friday, March 30th, weather permitting. Cliff Walk visitors are encouraged to enter the Cliff Walk at Narragansett Avenue next week until the work is complete. Detour and construction signs will be installed.
William G. Boardman, PE
City Engineer, Department of Public Services
City of Newport
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more