John Marion, Executive Director of Common Cause in Rhode Island, joined me on The Open Forum on AM 1540 WADK to discuss important voting and ethics issues before the General Assembly, and issues of transparency at the local level.
Specifically, he talks about bills that would allow for early voting, require independent redistricting, and reforming the way Rhode Island chooses its magistrates.
Also, the discussion covers transparency in local government, focusing on the Newport Councils closed-door interviews of candidates to fill a vacant council seat and a series of open meetings violations in East Greenwich.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free
- CDC: If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask – indoors or outdoors, in most settings
- Opinion: Our seniors have earned the comfort to know we value them
- Obituary: Scott James Sawyer