The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority (RITBA) has provided the following advisory for the Route 138 corridor between the Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge and the Newport Pell Bridge Toll Plaza.
Due to the Route 138 Resurfacing and Roadway Improvement Project, motorists should expect lane closure delays during the weekend of March 24. Starting the evening of Friday, March 23 through the early morning hours of Monday, March 26 there will be one lane temporarily closed in both the eastbound and westbound directions, potentially causing delays for motorists. Closures described above are also planned for the weekends of March 31 and April 7. All scheduled work is weather dependent.
The project began March 5 and is scheduled to be completed by June 15. The project includes milling and paving of the Route 138 roadway, deck repairs to the North Main Road Bridge, drainage repairs and other miscellaneous repairs.
RITBA is asking motorists planning to travel the Route 138 corridor during the weekends of March 24, March 31 and April 7 to plan commutes accordingly; expect delays and allow extra travel time.
The Latest From WUN
- FirstWorks to present “Women Trailblazers in Music” in November
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more