The Kingston Chamber Music Festival is kicking-off its 30th Anniversary Season with a special concert presented in collaboration with the Jamestown Arts Center. An Afternoon with Mozart, Schubert & Dvořák features four Kingston Chamber Music Festival artists, including Artistic Director Natalie Zhu and the festival debut of award-winning cellist Sophie Shao. The artists will perform Dvořák’s beloved Piano Quartet in E-flat Major, Op. 87 as well as works by Schubert and Mozart.
W. A. Mozart Piano Trio in C Major, K. 548
F. Schubert String Trio in B-flat Major, D. 581
A. Dvořák Piano Quartet in E-flat Major, Op. 87
The concert will be held at the Jamestown Arts Center at 18 Valley Street, Jamestown, Rhode Island 02835. Tickets are $30 and available for purchase online through the Jamestown Arts Center.
Tickets will be available for purchase at the door starting from 3:30 PM March 18th.
PIANO Natalie Zhu is the Artistic Director of the Kingston Chamber Music Festival. Zhu has performed throughout North America, Europe, and China as a soloist, recitalist, and chamber musician. She is the recipient of both 2003 Avery Fisher Career Grant and the Andrew Wolf Chamber Music Award.
CELLO Sophie Shao is a top prize winner at both the Rostropovich and Tchaikovsky competitions and will be making her Kingston Festival debut. In addition to being an Avery Fisher Career Grant winner, Shao has performed with the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, Chamber Music Northwest, and the Philadelphia Chamber Music Society.
VIOLIN Gabriela Diaz is on the violin faculty of Wellesley College, and is co-artistic director of the Boston-based chamber music organization Winsor Music.
VIOLA Melissa Reardon is the violist in the Grammy-nominated Enso String Quartet, and she is the only violist to win top prizes in consecutive HAMS International viola competitions, as well the Tourjee Award in 2002. For more information on the festival’s artists, visit kingstonchambermusic.org.
At a Glance: Kingston Chambe Music Festival Concert
WHAT: Kingston Chamber Music Festival Concert: An Afternoon with Mozart, Schubert & Dvořák
WHERE: Jamestown Arts Center (JAC), 18 Valley Street, Jamestown, RI 02835
WHEN: Sunday, March 18th, 4:30pm
TICKETS: $30 available at the door or online
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)