Dropkick Murphys. Flogging Molly. They share a working-class ethos, they share an Irish heritage and Celtic folk influence, and now – for the first time – these two giants of American punk rock will be sharing the stage for a co-headlining U.S. tour. This historic run, celebrating over 20 years of mayhem, kicks off June 1 at Jacobs Pavilion in Cleveland, OH. The Tour stops in Rhode Island on Saturday, June 16th at Bold Point Park on the East Providence waterfront.
Tickets are on sale now at Tickets can be purchased online at www.riwaterfrontevents.com, by calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000 or by visiting Jordan’s Liquors at 199 Taunton Avenue in East Providence during regular store hours. On the day of each event, tickets will also be available at the RI Waterfront Events box office at Bold Point Park. Tickets are $49 in advance and $54 day of the show.
Dropkick Murphys just completed their 2018 St. Patrick’s Day Tour – including their annual sold-out hometown run of Boston shows – with NYC hardcore legends Agnostic Front and Boston ska pioneers Bim Skala Bim. This followed Dropkick Murphys’ sold-out European arena/concert hall tour – which included dates with Flogging Molly – in February. Flogging Molly is in the homestretch of their fast-paced selling Life Is Good Spring 2018 Tour, selling out over half of the dates in advance including their St. Patrick’s Day celebration at Hollywood’s Palladium, as well as the remaining shows. The band will set sail to the Bahamas on April 20th for their 4th annual Salty Dog Cruise, joined by The Offspring, Buzzcocks, The Vandals, Lagwagon, The Adolescents, and more.
Waterfront Productions is in the second year of producing events at Bold Point Park in East Providence. The seasonal, open-air, waterfront entertainment venue features concerts, music festivals and other events by national, international and local artists along with food and beverage options including full bars, lounge areas and local food trucks. Event-goers enjoy beautiful views of upper Narragansett Bay, the Providence and Seekonk Rivers and the Providence skyline. Bold Point Park is located at 600 Waterfront Drive in East Providence, Rhode Island off Veteran’s Memorial Parkway and next to Tockwotton on the Waterfront. It is directly across the river from India Point Park in Providence. Parking is available close to the venue and can be reserved in advance when purchasing tickets. Visit www.riwaterfrontevents.com for more information on parking.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13