Representative Lauren Carson and Senator Dawn Euer are inviting the public to the annual meeting of the Newport legislative delegation and the Newport City Council Saturday, March 3, at 9 a.m. in the City Council Chambers, Newport City Hall, 43 Broadway.
The meeting between the Newport City Council members and Newport senators and representatives is scheduled annually to discuss state-level issues affecting the city.
“I would like to encourage citizens to join us as we have this discussion with the City Council. This is a good opportunity to learn about issues impacting Newport as well as our state, and citizens should feel welcome to join us,” said Representative Carson (D-Dist. 75, Newport) in a prepared statement.
Said Senator Euer (D-Dist. 13,Newport, Jamestown) in the prepared statement, “I’m looking forward to attending my first joint meeting with the City Council so I can learn about their priorities at the State House. I am committed to being available and accessible to all of my constituents and see this as another opportunity for a public discussion of important issues facing our state. I strongly encourage members of the public to attend this meeting.”
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck