The Annual Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade is arguably one of the busiest days of the year in Newport, and there’s no secret that our city needs a pick-me-up when the crowds go home.
For the 8th year in a row, Brick Alley Pub will once again host their Annual Post-Parade Day Clean-Up!
The cleanup will be held on Sunday morning from 10 am to noon, the morning after the 62nd Annual Newport St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
The Facebook Event for the clean-up states;
Come help the Brick Alley Cares Foundation clean up downtown Newport after the parade! Join us at Brick Alley Pub between 10 and 12. Free St. Pat’s t-shirts while supplies last and a $10 food credit for Plumby’s Burger to use Sunday afternoon.
Over the last couple of years, volunteers have joined the Brick Alley Pub team to collect well over 700lbs of trash the morning following the parade.
Those who are interested in helping the Brick Alley Pub team and other volunteers help clean up Newport, can commit to as much or as little time as they have available. The crew of volunteers will meet at 10:00 am at Brick Alley Pub and will wrap up around 12 pm.
Brick Alley Pub will provide all the necessary supplies (gloves, trash bags, sweepers, etc.) – you just need to bring yourself and a friend or two! For any students needing some community service hours, this is a great way fulfill.
For more information on Brick Alley, visit www.brickalley.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits