The Annual Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade is arguably one of the busiest days of the year in Newport, and there’s no secret that our city needs a pick-me-up when the crowds go home.
For the 8th year in a row, Brick Alley Pub will once again host their Annual Post-Parade Day Clean-Up!
The cleanup will be held on Sunday morning from 10 am to noon, the morning after the 62nd Annual Newport St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
The Facebook Event for the clean-up states;
Come help the Brick Alley Cares Foundation clean up downtown Newport after the parade! Join us at Brick Alley Pub between 10 and 12. Free St. Pat’s t-shirts while supplies last and a $10 food credit for Plumby’s Burger to use Sunday afternoon.
Over the last couple of years, volunteers have joined the Brick Alley Pub team to collect well over 700lbs of trash the morning following the parade.
Those who are interested in helping the Brick Alley Pub team and other volunteers help clean up Newport, can commit to as much or as little time as they have available. The crew of volunteers will meet at 10:00 am at Brick Alley Pub and will wrap up around 12 pm.
Brick Alley Pub will provide all the necessary supplies (gloves, trash bags, sweepers, etc.) – you just need to bring yourself and a friend or two! For any students needing some community service hours, this is a great way fulfill.
For more information on Brick Alley, visit www.brickalley.com.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free