Join the Benefactors of the Arts for the June 2018 Secret Garden Tour “On the Point”. Take a self-guided walking tour through Newport, RI’s historic Point section June 15-17.
The tours run daily from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. and tickets are good for any or all days of the tour, allowing for inclement weather, schedule conflicts, or just a late start. In Spring 2014, Conde Nast Traveler Magazine named Newport, Rhode Island “one of the best walking cities in the U.S.” and specifically mentioned the June Secret Garden Tour through the city’s historic Point section as one of the highlights.
Tickets are now available for the 2018 Tours and can be purchased in advance online at www.secretgardentours.org for a discounted rate of $20. New this year, group rates are also available for four or more persons with additional discounts available. Email info@secretgardentours for more details. Be sure to check the Facebook page www.facebook.com/SecretGardenTours for updates, events, beautiful garden photos and more.
Since 1984, the organizers and supporters of The Secret Garden Tour have been dedicated to enhancing art education and cultural programs in Aquidneck Island’s Public Schools, funding dozens of programs in music, theater and fine arts for local schoolchildren. To date, The Secret Garden Tour has given more than $1 million to Aquidneck Island students in public schools for art, music, theater and other cultural programming. For additional information, be sure to visit www.secretgardentours.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million