Rep. Lauren H. Carson and Sen. Dawn Euer will hold a constituent meeting later this month for an open discussion about the new legislative session.
The meeting is scheduled Saturday, Jan. 27, at 10 a.m. at the Newport Public Library, 300 Spring St., Newport. All House District 75 and Senate District 13 residents are welcome. (Visitvote.sos.ri.gov to determine your districts and see a list of the elected officials who represent you.)
“We’re happy to have this opportunity to connect with our neighbors as the 2018 legislative session gets started. Senator Euer and I are looking forward to hearing what the people of Newport would like to see us accomplish at the State House and to discussing the issues facing the state this year,” said Representative Carson (D-Dist. 75, Newport).
Said Senator Euer (D-Dist. 13, Newport, Jamestown), “We’d like to encourage all of our constituents in Newport and Jamestown to stop by and chat with us. We are your voice at the State House, and we rely on conversations with you to represent our community and its needs. We want to hear what’s on your minds, and we will listen.”
Senator Euer and Representative Carson said they plan to focus their energies this year particularly on issues affecting senior citizens, the environment, government transparency and small business.
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education