Rep. Julie A. Casimiro (D-Dist. 31, North Kingstown, Exeter) has reintroduced legislation (2018-H 7100) that would direct the Department of Environmental Management (RIDEM) to reimburse the town of North Kingstown $10,000 to maintain its fireboats that participate in the Narragansett Bay Marine Task Force.
According to the legislation, Providence, East Providence, Cranston, and Warwick would all also receive a payment of $10,000. The towns of East Greenwich, Narragansett, Barrington, Warren, Bristol, Portsmouth, Middletown, Newport, Jamestown, Tiverton, and Little Compton would receive payments of $6,000.
“This is an important bill for North Kingstown taxpayers and the fire department because it allows the town to continue the vital work they do protecting our bay without burdening our taxpayers with the costs of protecting the whole state’s interests in Narragansett Bay,” said Representative Casimiro.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more