Scheduled for Super Bowl Weekend, the three-day Providence Boat Show presented by Washington Trust plans on joining in the spirit of the “Big Event” with an appearance by former New England Patriots Defensive Lineman and two-time Super Bowl Champion Jarvis Green. Green will be cooking up his Oceans 97 Shrimp at the show’s “Sea to Table” demonstrations on Friday and Saturday (February 2 and 3) and signing autographs. The show, operated by Rhode Island Marine Trades Association (RIMTA), continues through Sunday (February 4) and offers one-stop shopping at the Rhode Island Convention Center for every kind of boating enthusiast.
“The Providence Boat Show is the other Big Event for the weekend,” said RIMTA’s CEO Wendy Mackie, adding that the 25-year-old expo is the longest running of its kind in New England. “For fans of boating, it’s a ‘must-do’ on the calendar every February, and for those who are also football fans, there’s plenty of time to fit in a visit to the show and prepare for and enjoy the Super Bowl.”
Exhibitors at the Providence Boat Show will feature hundreds of new and used boats, from cruising and fishing boats to StandUp Paddleboards, jet skis and sailing dinghies, while dozens of exhibitors will showcase a wide range of boating equipment, electronics, gear and clothing to fit every need.
● “Reel Island” for the experience of reeling in a big fish on a fishing simulator and learning inside tricks from Big Game Sport Fishing;
● Educational Seminars hosted by Annapolis School of Seamanship, featuring the Progressive Boat School Poolfor practicing docking with radio controlled boats;
● Miss Geico 50-foot offshore racing boat, which can reach speeds in excess of 200 mph;
● Other renowned Chefs at the Sea to Table Culinary Presentations;
● Tuna Fillet Demonstration and Cooking Demo by Viking Hotel
In another nod to Super Bowl fans, organizers have extended show hours to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and will close the show at 3 p.m. on Super Bowl Sunday, well before game time.
More About Jarvis Green:
Green, who divides his time between Providence, Rhode Island and Baton Rouge, Louisiana, embarked on his career in the shrimp industry following a nine-year NFL career during which he was part of the New England Patriots Super Bowl XXXVIII and XXXIX winning teams. In 2015, Green started Oceans 97 (97 is his Patriots jersey number) and has built the company from the ground up, offering U.S. wild-caught gourmet shrimp with special sauces that he has created.
In addition to Oceans 97, Green also runs the Jarvis Green Foundation, which he launched in 2006. The foundation, which has numerous partners in New England, focuses on children and teaching them how to have an overall healthy lifestyle, including what they eat, as well as providing resources to single mothers who have been affected by natural disasters.
Providence Boat Show Specifics:
HOURS: Friday, February 2, 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. / Saturday, February 3, 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. / Sunday, February 5, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
SINGLE-DAY TICKETS: $15 for Adults (children 12 & under are free). $2 off adult admission at box office for Students and Active & Retired Military (with proper ID); Multi-day, family and group tickets available online and at the box office.
More from What’s Up Newp
- 23 Open Houses to check out in Newport County this weekend
- Obituary: Eileen Schultz English
- Obituary: Joseph R Casale
- Gerry Goldstein: Horse sense from a cowboy philosopher
- Opinion: Lucy’s Hearth needs the community’s support now more than ever
- National Grid making progress in restoration efforts
- Celtic Woman’s “Postcards From Ireland” arriving at Mohegan Sun Arena on March 18, 2022
- What’s Up This Weekend: Salve Fall Festival Weekend, Halloween Hilarity, Trunk or Treat, and more
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels