These are exciting times for Rhode Island’s tourism industry. Eight hotel projects are underway – three in Newport and five in Providence. Longer runways at T.F. Green airport will lead to expanded international flights. Newport’s Opera House and Westerly’s United Theater are two major theater projects that will preserve their history and expand those communities entertainment opportunities.
Evan Smith, President and CEO of Discover Newport, joined me on The Open Forum on AM 1540 WADK Newport to talk about the disappointing state initiative and exciting developments in Newport.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch