The Race Village at the 2018 Volvo Ocean Race Newport Stopover will open four months from today at Fort Adams State Park. Brad Read, Executive Director of Sail Newport, joined me today on What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on AM 1540 WADK Newport to preview the Stopover and to let us know all that’s happening, new and to do with the race, and the Stopover. The Volvo Ocean Race Stopover will take place from May 8 – 20, 2018.
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free
- CDC: If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask – indoors or outdoors, in most settings