Recently featured on CBS Sunday Morning, National Geographic and Reader’s Digest, Beacon Designs by ChemArt (located in Lincoln, RI) has been making the Official White House Christmas Ornament for the White House Historical Association since 1981.
The holiday decorations have honored each president sequentially, with brief pauses to recognize significant occasions such as the White House bicentennial anniversary in 2000.
David Marquis, President of Beacon Designs, joined me to chat about the ornaments, how this came about for their Rhode Island company and much more. Though holiday-oriented, the White House Historical Association introduces its annual ornament every February and is available for sale year-round.
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
More from What's Up Newp
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)