Newport Folk Festival kicked off their annual rolling lineup announcements today with the news that Courtney Barnett would return to Fort Adams on Saturday, July 28th.
Courtney Barnett is an Australian singer, songwriter, and musician. Known for her witty, rambling lyrics and deadpan singing style, Barnett attracted attention with the release of her debut EP, I’ve Got A Friend Called Emily Ferris. For more information on Barnett and her music, visit https://www.courtneybarnett.com.au/.
Newport Folk Festival began announcing their lineup last year on February 1, 2017, and wrapped up on May 26th.
The Newport Folk Festival will take place at Fort Adams State Park on July 27th, 28th, and 29th. Tickets for the 2018 Newport Folk Festival on November 29th, 2017, and quickly sold out.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 25 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 10 – 17)
- Common Fence Music to present Dedicated Men of Zion in streaming concert
- Whalers Brewing Company to give a free keg of beer to every bar and restaurant in Rhode Island
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now