Newport Folk Festival kicked off their annual rolling lineup announcements today with the news that Courtney Barnett would return to Fort Adams on Saturday, July 28th.
Courtney Barnett is an Australian singer, songwriter, and musician. Known for her witty, rambling lyrics and deadpan singing style, Barnett attracted attention with the release of her debut EP, I’ve Got A Friend Called Emily Ferris. For more information on Barnett and her music, visit https://www.courtneybarnett.com.au/.
Newport Folk Festival began announcing their lineup last year on February 1, 2017, and wrapped up on May 26th.
The Newport Folk Festival will take place at Fort Adams State Park on July 27th, 28th, and 29th. Tickets for the 2018 Newport Folk Festival on November 29th, 2017, and quickly sold out.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays