On Saturday, February 10, 2018, from 10 to 12 PM, the Newport County YMCA’s Twice As Nice Preschool will host an Open House and Ribbon Cutting for our recently renovated facility. Registration for the 2018-2019 School Year will be open to the public during the open house.
In 2017, Twice As Nice underwent an extensive remodel to enhance the warm, nurturing environment for our children the moment they walk through the door. Improvements include new flooring, ceilings, windows, kitchen, hands-free faucets and sinks in each classroom, and paint throughout the preschool. Many of these renovations improved the quality of our program by teaching healthy practices and nutrition to our children.
“The Y would like to say thank you to The Champlin Foundation for their generous contribution to this project. Without them, these renovations would not be possible. We are always trying to improve our facility to offer the best to our members and we look forward to sharing our updated space with the Newport County community,” Mike Miller, CEO, Newport County YMCA.
Twice As Nice Preschool is licensed by DCYF and certified through Bright Stars, “Rhode Island’s quality rating and improvement system that recognizes and supports quality care in childcare and learning programs.” Our program is dedicated to enriching the lives of our students. Our nurturing and trained staff provide a stimulating environment that promotes the developmentally appropriate practice.
It is our mission to prepare children for Kindergarten with Jean Piaget’s Cognitive Theory in mind, a hands-on approach to learning. According to Piaget, children learn through play and imitation. Our curriculum is aligned with the Rhode Island Early Learning Standards. Activities include a wide variety of hands-on experiences which include art, literature, music, science, dramatic play, gymnastics and swim lessons.
“Both of my children have been through Twice As Nice Preschool at the YMCA. I have nothing but positive things to say about all the teachers and Andrea, the Director. My children love going and have grown so much from the start of their experience there. It’s a happy, positive, and creative environment. I would recommend Twice As Nice to anyone,” Lisa Fitzpatrick, Twice As Nice Preschool parent.
“The Champlin Foundation is pleased to provide grant funding to the Newport County YMCA’s Twice As Nice Preschool to help this important community non-profit advance its vital mission. Champlin Foundation grants are awarded on a competitive basis and our grant to the Newport County YMCA is a reflection of our confidence in the organization’s ability to improve the lives of Rhode Islanders in significant ways,” The Champlin Foundation.
If you need any additional information or have any questions regarding Twice As Nice Preschool, contact Andrea Florendo at email@example.com or call (401)841-5357.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now