Friends of Ballard Park is hosting a guided hike on Saturday, January 13th from 10 am to 11 am.
Staff from Friends of Ballard Park will share information about the site’s history and its unique features, including a vernal pond, quarry meadow and woodland forest as the group walks a little over one mile of trail.
Participants are urged to wear sturdy shoes as the hike will follow trails that are steep in areas and to meet at the quarry meadow entrance at 21 Hazard Road.
Suggested donation is $5 per person. Rain date is January 14th.
For more information visit www.ballardpark.org.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch