Jamestown Police Department is seeking the public’s assistance in locating a suspect that was involved in a breaking and entering incident on Thursday, January 25th. In a press release issued on Monday morning, Jamestown Police Department is also reminding residents to secure homes, lock doors.
“On January 25, 2018, at approximately 11:30 AM, Jamestown Police responded to a residence on Whittier Avenue for the report of breaking and entering. The resident reported that he entered his home and found an unknown person on the second floor. The resident confronted the subject who fled out the window and left the area in an unknown direction,” Jamestown Police Department stated in the press release.
“A search of the area was conducted by Jamestown Police Officers and members of the Rhode Island State Police including a K-9 unit. The search was unsuccessful. The suspect was described as medium to heavy build approximately 5 foot-11 inches tall, wearing a dark blue service type uniform. This uniform was described as one that may be worn by a maintenance professional. No other description is available. No suspect vehicle description was obtained,” Jamestown Police Department continued..
Anyone with information is asked to call the Jamestown Police Department at 401-423-1212.
Residents are reminded that they should secure their homes including locking the doors. Additional measures such as cameras, alarms, pets and lighting also act as a deterrent to breaking and entering crimes.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)