Christmas Day in Newport, believe it or not, will be here before you know it. For some of you, the thought of cooking at home, traveling, or visiting the family is simply, out of the question!
If you head out on Christmas Day, be sure to take care of those hard working staff! It doesn’t always have to be monetary, sometimes a simple thank you, smile, hug, or expression of gratitude will do the trick.
While many restaurants still haven’t buttoned up their Christmas Day plans, the following restaurants in Newport will be open, serving dinner, and celebrating the holiday;
1 – One Bellevue at Hotel Viking
One Bellevue will serve a flavorful four-course tasting menu between 1 pm – 8 pm blending traditional dishes including Wild Mushroom and Leek Soup, Charred Onion Bisque, Grilled Filet Mignon and Baked Stuffed Lobster Tail and a Flourless Chocolate Torte. Price: $79 plus tax and gratuity. www.hotelviking.com
2 – Salt Water at Newport Harbor Hotel
Saltwater’s menu features our signature sharable items such as Array of the Bay, Fried Seafood to include: Shrimp, Clams, Oysters, Fluke, Lobster Cakes, & Waffle Fries, will be available on December 24th, & 25th. Saltwater is serving breakfast from 7 a.m. – 11 a.m. and our all day menu is available from 11a.m. – 9 p.m., with the bar open until 10 p.m. Saltwater is also available for private events including holiday gatherings from 20 – 100 guests! Reservations are accepted and open seating is available in our fireside lounge, including our community tables. Contact Saltwater at 401-848-3303 for reservations.
3 – Sardella’s Restaurant
Sardella’s Restaurant will once again be offering Chef Kevin Fitzgeralds’ regular menu as well as some holiday specials from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Christmas Day. Reservations can be made here http://sardellas.com/reservations/.
5 – Clarke Cooke House
Clarke Cooke House will continue the tradition of being among the very few restaurants that are open 365 days a year when they open at 5 pm for dinner on Christmas Day. www.bannistersnewport.com/clarke_cooke_house.html
6 – MainSail Newport at Newport Marriott
MainSail at Newport Marriot will be open on Christmas Day serving their Breakfast Menu from 7-11am, serving Breakfast Buffet from 7 am to noon and serving their MainSail Dinner Menu and Christmas Dinner Special with seatings from 1-7pm. Christmas Dinner Special $33. For more information, visit http://mainsail-restaurant.com/mainsail/
7 – The Spiced Pear at Chanler
Celebrate the holiday with an extravagant Buffet at The Chanler at Cliff Walk’s Spiced Pear restaurant on Monday, December 25th from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm. The cost is $85 per person and $40 for children 12 and under.
8 – Grace Vanderbilt
Christmas Day 3 Course Prix fixe for $85 per person, $42 for children. Includes a festive welcome cocktail. Live music by Kristine Wilbur from 4:30 – 8:30pm. Seating’s at 1, 4 and 7pm.
This list will be updated as we receive more information, menus and/or details from restaurants. Know of something we missed? Email Ryan@whatsupnewp.com
The following bars and restaurants opened on Christmas Day in the past for light fare and/or drinks; we’re working on confirming their 2017 Christmas Day plans;
- Benjamin’s Raw Bar – Closed during the day. Opening at night.
- Busker’s – Open at 7 pm.
- Clarke Cooke House – Open at 5 pm.
- Fastnet Pub – Open from 5 pm to 1 am.
- IHOP Middletown – Open until 2 pm.
- Pour Judgment – Open at 6 pm
- Speakeasy Bar & Grille – Open around 6 pm
- Tavern On Broadway – Open at 1 pm.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13