The Special Legislative Commission to Study Methods for Growing Tourism in the State of Rhode Island Through Coordinated Branding and Marketing Efforts, which is led by Representative Lauren Carson (D-Dist. 75, Newport), will meet Friday at the Bristol Maritime Center.
The meeting is scheduled for Friday, Dec. 8, at 3 pm at the Bristol Maritime Center, 127 Thames St., Bristol. The commission has been holding some of its meetings at sites around the state to highlight Rhode Island’s tourism assets and to engage more Rhode Islanders in its conversations.
Harbor Master Gregg Marsili will present the commission with background on the Maritime Center. Also on the agenda are updates from Lara Salamano, chief marketing officer at Rhode Island Commerce Corporation, and the commission’s workgroups.
No public testimony will be taken at this time, however, the hearing is open to the public.
The commission has been asked to perform a comprehensive analysis of best-practice methods used to expand tourism on both a regional and national level, to gather information on the current collaborative practices of the state’s multiple tourism councils, to analyze reports provided semi-annually by the Rhode Island Commerce Corporation, and to make recommendations to the Rhode Island Commerce Corporation that would enable it to develop more informed and coordinated decision-making efforts regarding the development of branding and marketing of tourism in Rhode Island.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals