Looking for romantic cities for a winter getaway? TripAdvisor done the research, trawled the reviews, and come up with a set of locations that are sure to get your heart racing.
“Put simply, our algorithm analyzed reviews on TripAdvisor, identifying the city destinations with the highest percentage of reviews mentioning romance. From sunny Santa Barbara to beautiful Boston, we’ve got your winter travel as a couple all wrapped up,” the popular travel website states.
About Newport, the article writes that “[s]tately Newport is known for its handsome mansions, its harbor full of upscale yachts, and its sweeping Atlantic views. It draws sailing enthusiasts, architecture fans, and those in search of a romantic stay in truly lovely surroundings. It’s particularly pretty in winter when it’s all lit up for Christmas. Be sure to take the 3.5-mile Cliff Walk to appreciate the panoramic sea views and spectacular coastal architecture.”
Also on the list is Santa Fe, New Mexico; Santa Barbara, California; Estes Park, Colorado; Asheville, North Carolina; Charleston, South Carolina; San Antonio Texas; Savannah, Georgia; Key West, Florida; Scottsdale, Arizona; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Denver, Colarado; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Austin, Texas and Boston, Massachusetts.
To read the full story, head here – https://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalsBlog/2017/12/04/romantic-cities-winter-travel-usa/.
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education