The Newport Police Department announced today that on December 21, 2017, at 1:45 p.m., 35-year-old William Rudolph of 70 East Plain Street, Berkley, MA was arrested by Detectives from the Newport Police Department’s Vice/Narcotics Unit on 6 counts of felony drug distribution charges.
Newport Police Vice/Narcotics Detectives in conjunction with Detectives from the Little Compton, Berkley, MA and Troopers from the Massachusetts State Police Department’s were investigating the marijuana trafficking of William Rudolph.
Detectives arranged for a purchase of 2 pounds of marijuana from Mr. Rudolph in Newport.
On December 21, 2017 at 1:45 p.m., Mr. Rudolph arrived in Newport from his residence of 70 East Plain Street in Berkeley, MA. A motor vehicle stop was conducted and Detectives seized 2 pounds of marijuana, 18 Hash Oil cartridges, 127 Xanax pills, 31 Klonopin pills, 16 Suboxone pills, and $39,732 in cash. There was also 5 ounces of marijuana packaged in foil and 5 ounces of marijuana packaged in a plastic bag seized from Mr. Rudolph’s vehicle.
Mr. Rudolph was taken into custody and held at the Newport Police Station and will be arraigned in Newport District Court on December 22, 2017.
The Massachusetts State Police obtained a search warrant for Mr. Rudolph’s residence where 10 pounds of marijuana was located.
This is an ongoing investigation and no further details are available at this time.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more