On December 15, 2017, at 4:33 a.m., Newport Police and Fire Department’s responded to Bridgeview Condos, 66 Girard Avenue, unit #304 for a report of a working fire.
A 70-year-old male of that same address was found unresponsive inside the residence. He was transported to Newport Hospital where he was pronounced deceased at approximately 5:30 a.m. Newport Fire Department extinguished the fire and it was contained in unit #304.
Newport Police Detectives are working with the Rhode Island State Fire Marshall’s Office to determine the cause of the fire.
The incident remains under investigation and no further information is available at this time.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record