Kevin Robinson, known to many as K-Rob, died on Saturday, December 29th at the age of 45.
Kevin Robinson was born in East Providence, Rhode Island and became a BMX Superstar, a Guinness World Record Holder and a X Games Gold Medalist. K-Rob participated in the inaugural X Games that were held during the 1995 summer in Newport. Kevin also recently participated in the New England Festival of Hope that was held in Newport in 2015 and 2016.
“Today we lost a legend, 10-time X Games medalist and BMX pioneer, Kevin Robinson. Kevin was an instrumental part of the X Games family. Our thoughts go out to his family and the BMX community. » http://xgam.es/K-Rob ,” the official XGames Twitter account tweeted on Saturday night.
After visiting students at Thompson Middle School in Newport on November 9th, K-Rob joined me on What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on WADK 1540AM to speak about his experience at TMS, about the K-Rob Foundation and how he hopes T.R.I.C.K. will help students.
K-Rob would have turned 46 on December 19th, he leaves behind a wife and three kids.
Updated: December 11th – The obituary for Kevin Robinson can be found HERE.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13