Newport, RI – The Jane Pickens Theater and Event Center announced today that they will host a special event around the release of the Darkest Hour on Thursday, December 21st.
In partnership with Grace Vanderbilt Hotel, Jane Pickens Theater invites you a one-of-a-kind experience before the national release of Darkest Hour, the hotly anticipated film in a style of class and elegance.
“Within days of becoming Prime Minister of Great Britain, Winston Churchill (Gary Oldman) must face one of his most turbulent and defining trials: exploring a negotiated peace treaty with Nazi Germany, or standing firm to fight for the ideals, liberty and freedom of a nation. As the unstoppable Nazi forces roll across Western Europe and the threat of invasion is imminent, and with an unprepared public, a skeptical King, and his own party plotting against him, Churchill must withstand his darkest hour, rally a nation, and attempt to change the course of world history,” the description for the film states.
Tickets are $45 and include a pre-film cocktail hour at the historic Grace Vanderbilt from 6 pm to 7 pm. After enjoying a complimentary welcome cocktail “The Clementine” and an exquisite assortment of culinary offerings, filmgoers will make their way down to the Touro St. theater for the first Newport screening of the Darkest Hour at 7:30. Tickets can be purchased at http://janepickens.com/shows/darkest-hour-newport-opening-party.
A peak at the food menu:
- Smoked Salmon Mousse
- Toasted Brioche/Salmon Roe
- Chive Hoisin Pork Wontons/Whole Grain Mustard
- Chili Oil Beet Crostini with Fig and Balsamic Glaze
- An Assortment of Local and Imported Cheeses, Vegetables, and Cured Meats
- Prime Rib Rosemary and Pepper Rub with a Trio of Sauces
- Chips & Hummus, Bar Snacks
- Blueberry and Mascarpone Cream Tart
- Cake Pops
There will also be a cash bar serving film-inspired drinks before and during the film at The Jane Pickens Theater.
Tickets are available for the opening night and two-week offering of the film at www.janepickens.com.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more