Shaun O’Rourke, Director of Stormwater and Resiliency for the Rhode Island Infrastructure Bank and Chief Resilience Officer for the State of Rhode Island, joined me to discuss Rhode Island’s climate resiliency and the new Statewide Climate Resiliency Strategy.
Governor Raimondo and O’Rourke were on hand for the Newport County Resiliency Roundtable at CCRI Newport last Friday and discussed key actions and investments to make Newport County and Rhode Island’s residents, economy, infrastructure, health system, and natural resources more resilient to the impact of climate change.
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch