What’sUpNewp Radio Edition debuted on Monday, November 6th.
Ryan Belmore, Owner, Editor and Publisher of What’sUpNewp, announced at the start of the show that he will return to the airwaves to host What’sUpNewp Radio Edition every weekday at 1 pm. Belmore has previously hosted 1540 Live on WADK from 4 pm to 6 pm and most recently hosted The Open Forum radio program from 12:30 pm to 2 pm.
What’sUpNewp Radio Edition will focus on live and local programming – highlighting the best content of What’sUpNewp and talking about all the top issues, entertainment, lifestyle and news in Newport and surrounding communities daily from 1 pm to 2 pm. The show fills one hour of a previous time slot that included The John DePetro Show.
Bonnie Gomes, Owner of 3G Broadcasting (the parent company of AM 1540 WADK) joined Belmore to make the announcement and to share that What’sUpNewp and 3G Broadcasting have agreed on a partnership that will share and combine the two media companies resources to better serve and cover the community. Gomes and Belmore will look at expanding the program or other opportunities to provide more live and local content in the near future.
Belmore’s first guest was Paul Hoffman, Pastor of EFC Newport. Belmore and Hoffman discussed the recent church shooting in Texas and discussed what is being discussed in regards to safety and moving forward in local religious venues.
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13