Historically, the majority of tickets will sell out within minutes. Yes, before a single artist is announced.
Tickets for the 2017 Newport Folk Festival went on sale at 10 am on November 30th, about a week earlier than in 2016. Within what seemed like minutes, 3 day passes ($199), 2 day passes ($159), Saturday single day tickets ($90) and Sunday single-day tickets ($85) were sold out. Children passes for all three days also sold out quite quickly. Single day tickets for Friday, July 28th remained available until February 2017.
New in 2017 and returning in 2018, tickets will be sold through Eventbrite, instead of Ticketmaster, and there will be a payment plan option (for those that qualify). For all the details – pricing, payment plans, ticket link, etc. – visit http://www.newportfolk.org/tickets
The capacity of the Newport Folk Festival and Newport Jazz Festival at Fort Adams State Park is 10,000 fans per day.
If you happen to miss out on tickets, Newport Folk Festival has rolled out a “Safe Fan Ticket Exchange” in the past (after tickets sell out) where folk fans can sell and buy tickets safely.
To purchase tickets on November 29th, head here – http://www.newportfolk.org/tickets/.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck