As fall weather slips away and with it, beer festival season, Gray Matter Marketing has announced that tickets for the January 27th Rhode Island Brew Fest are now on sale. The event, which will be held at the Pawtucket Armory, is in its sixth year and features local and regional breweries from across the northeast.
“The event is an excellent way for locals and visitors to experience the Rhode Island beer scene up close and personal,” says Matt Gray, President of Gray Matter Marketing in a news release. “It’s a fun, indoor event that breaks up the monotony of January and brings people together in Pawtucket, which is Rhode Island’s beer capital!”
More than 20 breweries have signed on for the event so far, with more joining each week. The event has drawn more than 60 breweries in past years. The 2018 Rhode Island Brew Fest will have two, three-hour sampling sessions from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m and 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. All beer samples are included in session tickets. Each session will also feature local vendors and a food court curated by McGrath Clambakes. Tickets are limited to 600 per session, and this event will sell out as it has in years past.
The Rhode Island Brew Fest proudly supports the attending brewers by purchasing all of their product at the festival. Unlike many beer festivals there are no booth fees for brewers. In addition, a portion of every ticket sold to the 2018 Rhode Island Brew Fest will be donated to the Rhode Island Brewers Guild in their efforts to support breweries in the Ocean State.
“As the mission of the Rhode Island Brewers Guild is to promote the variety, diversity, and quality of the breweries making beer in Rhode Island, it has been wonderful to work with Matt and his team on the Rhode Island Brew Festival,” says Brent Ryan, President of the Rhode Island Brewers Guild and President of Newport Storm Brewery in a news release. “They make featuring our members a top priority for the Brew Fest.”
“The Rhode Island Brew Fest is a unique and special beer festival for Foolproof,” says Nick Garrison, President of Foolproof Brewing Company in a news release. “It was actually the first beer fest we ever poured beer at – going back to early 2013 – and the fact that it’s held right in our own hometown makes it all the more significant for our brewery.”
The event is strictly 21+. No minors, infants, babies, strollers, or pets will be permitted inside. Outside food and beverages are prohibited.
For more information, and to purchase tickets, visit www.ribrewfest.com. Ticket prices will increase on December 1st, and are only available while supplies last.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13