The Newport County YMCA will host the 32nd Annual Pie Run held on Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 23, 2017. The race, originally founded by the Newport Running Club, collects donations for local food pantries as well as raises money for local charities in Newport County.
The Thanksgiving Day tradition starts promptly at 8:30 am. The 5-mile USATF sanctioned road race, and 3-mile non-competitive walk/jog, starts and ends in front of the Newport County YMCA at 792 Valley Road, Middletown. Entrants are asked to bring one non-perishable food item to be contributed to a local food bank. Registration will be available at https://raceroster.com/events/2017/13663/32nd-annual-pie-run until midnight Tuesday, November 21st. In-house registration and bib pick-up will be at the Y from 4 to 7 PM Wednesday, November 22 and 7:15 to 8:15 AM Thursday, November 23.
“The Newport County YMCA is honored to bring back past sponsors as well as welcome some new ones. We are grateful to these community partners whose generosity allows us to give even more to our community. Thank you to Saccucci Honda, OceanPointe Christian Church, Savings Institute Bank and Trust, Minuteman Press and Run Newport. The event has become a holiday tradition of many families in Newport County with a loyal following helping many in our community,” Mike Miller, CEO, Newport County YMCA.
“The Pie Run is another way for Saccucci to give back to our community and we are excited to be a part of this traditional event,” Carol Saccucci, Saccucci Honda.
The Y welcomes everyone in Newport County to start their holiday off with health and wellness in mind. All ages and running abilities are welcome, and the 3-mile walk/jog is stroller friendly. Bring the entire family, have a great time and support our community with the Newport County YMCA.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Whelihan at jenw@newportYMCA.org or call 401-847-9200 ext. 104.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury
- Obituary: John Richard Davidson