Newport Public Services Department’s Clean City Program has announced that they will hold a Fall Recycling Day for ‘harder to recycle’ items on Saturday, November 18th from 8 am until 12-noon rain or shine in Easton’s Beach east parking lot, 175 Memorial Blvd., Newport.
This event ONLY will accept the following items for recycling: Paper Shredding, Scrap Metal, Rigid Plastics, Cardboard, Cooking Oil, and Bicycles. Visit http://engagenewport.com/clean-city under the events tab for a detailed list of items accepted and restrictions.
The other portion of the event is open to Newport Residents ONLY – Bulky Waste Amnesty Day – to dispose of TWO Bulky items per household MAXIMUM (there is a six-item max for homeowners who own multiple homes.) Residents must call in advance (401-845-5617) to make an appointment. When calling for an appointment, please leave your name, address and the two items for disposal. Appointments will be accepted until 3:00 pm Wednesday, November 15, 2017. Proof of residency MUST be presented on the day of the event. There will be no entry until 8 a.m. and gates will close at 12 noon.
This event will NOT accept hazardous waste (including refrigerators, air conditioners, and dehumidifiers), electronics, plastic bags, mattresses or Styrofoam. Clean, dry, mattresses and other bulk items not part of this event may be eligible for disposal by Newport residents at the Waste Management Transfer Station located at 65 Halsey Street, (401) 847-0230.
The Latest From WUN
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend
- AARP Analysis: COVID-19 deaths and cases in Rhode Island nursing homes increased from August to September