Newport Public Services Department’s Clean City Program has announced that they will hold a Fall Recycling Day for ‘harder to recycle’ items on Saturday, November 18th from 8 am until 12-noon rain or shine in Easton’s Beach east parking lot, 175 Memorial Blvd., Newport.
This event ONLY will accept the following items for recycling: Paper Shredding, Scrap Metal, Rigid Plastics, Cardboard, Cooking Oil, and Bicycles. Visit http://engagenewport.com/clean-city under the events tab for a detailed list of items accepted and restrictions.
The other portion of the event is open to Newport Residents ONLY – Bulky Waste Amnesty Day – to dispose of TWO Bulky items per household MAXIMUM (there is a six-item max for homeowners who own multiple homes.) Residents must call in advance (401-845-5617) to make an appointment. When calling for an appointment, please leave your name, address and the two items for disposal. Appointments will be accepted until 3:00 pm Wednesday, November 15, 2017. Proof of residency MUST be presented on the day of the event. There will be no entry until 8 a.m. and gates will close at 12 noon.
This event will NOT accept hazardous waste (including refrigerators, air conditioners, and dehumidifiers), electronics, plastic bags, mattresses or Styrofoam. Clean, dry, mattresses and other bulk items not part of this event may be eligible for disposal by Newport residents at the Waste Management Transfer Station located at 65 Halsey Street, (401) 847-0230.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library