The Newport City Council will next meet on Wednesday, November 8th at 6:30 pm in the Council Chamber at Newport City Hall.
The meeting is open to the general public and there is an opportunity for the public to speak (on a topic not already on the agenda) at the beginning of the meeting.
Among the items on the agenda for this meeting are 7 special event licenses, several victualing license renewals for non-liquor establishments and liquor establishments, a new entertainment license for Queen Anne’s Loft and the Newport Skating Center and a Harbor Ordinance Revision regarding Mooring Allotment.
Can’t make it to the meeting? You can watch the meeting live on the City’s website on November 8th beginning at 6:30 pm.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck