Massachusetts State Lottery and the Boston Celtics honored Stephanie Frazier Grimm of Middletown, RI as a Hero Among Us during the second quarter of the November 1st game between the Boston Celtics and Sacramento Kings.
Since its establishment in 1997 by the Boston Celtics, The Heroes Among Us program has recognized outstanding individuals who have made exceptional and lasting contributions to their communities. The award is presented at every Celtics home game and pays tribute to the heroic achievements of these outstanding citizens.
During a hospital visit to see her friend’s child who was born prematurely, Stephanie learned most children in hospitals do not celebrate their birthdays because the focus is on their healthcare. Believing every child deserves a birthday celebration, Stephanie used her background in event planning to launch The Confetti Foundation, a nonprofit organization delivering birthday party supplies to children in hospitals nationwide. Incredibly, since 2014 the Confetti Foundation has donated more than 3,000 birthday boxes to 160 children’s hospitals!
For more information on The Confetti Foundation, visit www.confettifoundation.org.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record