On October 7, 2017, the 2nd annual Broadway Street Fair will be from noon to 6:00 pm.
Newport Police Department announced on October 3rd that they will have activities in front of the police station that will include child identification kits provided by the Masons, face painting, karaoke, visits from McGruff the Crime Dog and several police vehicles on display.
Newport Police Deparment will also be raffling off a 1 year AAA membership, a 3-month membership to Anytime Fitness in Middletown and 4 bicycles donated by the Newport Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 8. To get a raffle ticket for one of these prizes, Newport Police Department asks that you bring an unused pair of winter gloves, mittens or a hat. These items will be donated to
local service agencies.
The raffle will begin at noon and the drawing will be at 5:00 pm. They will broadcast the drawing live on the Newport Police Department’s Facebook page. You do not have to be present to win. There will also be a prescription drug take back from noon to 4:00 p.m.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library
- Governor, RIDOH, Newport City officials, community partners to host canvassing effort on Wednesday to encourage vaccination