The Alliance Française of Newport will present a Harp Concert of classical French music favorites featuring acclaimed area harpist, Arilyn Mitchell, on Thursday, October 12, 2017, at The Redwood Library. The event begins at 6:00 p.m. The Concert is from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The event is open to the public and is free for Alliance members and members of The Redwood Library. Guest fee for non-members is $15. Space is limited and reservations are required.
Arilyn Mitchell has just returned from the 50th Pierre Jamet International Harp Festival held in Gargilesse-Dampierre, France. This summer she toured with The Boston Philharmonic Youth Orchestra in Argentina, Peru and Uruguay. Arilyn regularly plays at Newport’s Viking Hotel at tea time and recently received the Newport Daily News’ Outstanding Youth Volunteer Award for her weekly concerts for patients at Newport Hospital.
The Alliance Française of Newport is affiliated with the Fédération des Alliances Françaises which has nearly 1,500 Chapters in 138 countries worldwide. The organization is dedicated to the study of the French language and to promoting cultural exchange. The Newport Chapter was established in 1953 by three members, including Suzanne Aubois who was part of the French Resistance during World War II.
For further information, please contact, Mary-Gail Smith, AFN President, by phone at 401-601-5515 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our Web site: alliancefrancaisenewportri.org and Like us on Facebook.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals