The Newport County YMCA is honored to announce Saccucci Honda of Middletown, will be the Primary Sponsor for the Newport County YMCA’s 32nd Annual Pie Run held on Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 23, 2017. The race, originally founded by the Newport Running Club, collects donations for local food pantries as well as raises money for local charities in Newport County. The partnership between the Pie Run and Saccucci was a natural fit since the Saccucci family has been a community leader supporting charities in Newport County for generations with a long tradition of supporting the Newport County YMCA.
In fact, Saccucci founder, Michael A. Saccucci, was at the ground breaking for the Newport County YMCA’s location on Valley Road in the early 1970’s. (Included is a photo of this moment with Michael to the far right). “The Pie Run is another way for Saccucci to give back to our community and we are excited to be a part of this traditional event,” Carol Saccucci, Saccucci Honda.
The Thanksgiving Day Race starts promptly at 8:30AM. The 5-mile USATF sanctioned road race, and 3-mile non-competitive walk, starts and ends in front of the Newport County YMCA at 792 Valley Road, Middletown. Entrants are asked to bring one non-perishable food item to be contributed to a local food bank. Entry cost is $30 for the 5-mile run, $25 for the 3-mile non-competitive walk, both pre and post registration. Registration is available at www.newportymca.org. All entrants will receive a shirt with early registration. Proceeds support the Newport County YMCA’s Community Support Campaign and local charities.
“The Newport County YMCA is honored Saccucci Honda will be this year’s primary sponsor for the annual Pie Run. The event has become a holiday tradition of many families in Newport County with a loyal following helping many in our community, just like Saccucci Honda. We look forward to working with the Saccucci family and hosting another successful, fun, family event Thanksgiving Day,” Mike Miller, CEO, Newport County YMCA.
For more information on the Pie Run, or if you are interested in joining as a sponsor, please contact Sara Meirowitz at saram@newportYMCA.org or call 401-847-9200 ext. 109.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library
- Governor, RIDOH, Newport City officials, community partners to host canvassing effort on Wednesday to encourage vaccination