Newport Exhibition Group, owners and producers of the Newport International Boat Show, announced today the results of this year’s Newport For New Products (NFNP) Awards. Judged on Thursday during the show’s opening day and announced at an awards ceremony on Friday, September 15th.
The twelfth-annual NFNP winners are:
- Best New Electronics Product SkyMate mazu iPad app and mSeries hardware
- Best New Boating Operation, Maintenance or Safety Product North Sails 3Di NORDAC
- Best New Sailboat J/Boats J/121
- Best New Powerboat 35’ and Over Zeelander Z55
- Best New Powerboat Under 35’ Hinkley Dasher
- People’s Choice Award Sabre 45 Salon Express
- Green Award – Boats Hinkley Dasher
- Green Award – Products Arid Bilge Hydrocarbon Notifier
A highlight of the industry, NFNP entries were open to domestic and foreign products launched in the U.S. after April 1, 2017 that made their boat show debut at Newport. Show attendees selected the People’s Choice Award winner; all other category winners were selected by a team of industry experts on the basis of innovation, value to the consumer, safety and aesthetics.
“This was a year of true innovation,” said Nancy Piffard, show director of Newport Exhibition Group in a news release. “We are honored to have these new and exciting introductions launched at the Newport International Boat Show.”
The Newport International Boat Show opened on Thursday, September 14th and continues through Sunday, September 17th on the Newport waterfront along America’s Cup Avenue in Newport, Rhode Island. One of the largest in-water boat shows in the country, the event will host nearly 600 exhibitors from around the world with an exceptional assortment of boats of every type and style from 15 to 90 feet, and a wide variety of accessories, equipment, electronics, gear and services for boaters. For more information on the 47th Annual Newport International Boat Show and the 12th annual Newport For New Products awards, please visit www.newportboatshow.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)