After 5 years on Long Wharf in Newport, The New England Harbour Club (The NEHC) is closing its doors for the final time this weekend.
Ros Leach, a manager at The NEHC, tells What’sUpNewp that the stores lease has come to an end and the decision was recently made by ownership to close. The store, located at 63 Long Wharf, was well known as the place to find brands like Top Shop, Vans, Calvin Klein and more premier brands in Newport.
“With regards to what we have been told by our landlord is simply that they are leasing it to a business that plans to knock down the whole building and rebuild (it into) a boutique hotel,” Leach said.
From now until Sunday, September 17th, The NEHC will have huge discounts across all their brands including Vans from $20, Topshop up to 80% off (swimwear from $5, dresses from $10) and other discounts.
“EVERYTHING MUST GO BY SUNDAY,” Leach said.
According to their website, The NEHC is open 10 am to 6 pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week and from 9 am to 8 pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
For more information on The NEHC, visit https://thenehc.com/.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13