SNE Paranormal Team and the Artillery Company of Newport have announced they are collaborating on fundraising efforts and paranormal tours to benefit the Artillery Company of Newport through a series of guest ghost hunts of the Clark Street Armory building – home of The Newport Artillery Company during the month of October.
The special paranormal tour to benefit the Artillery Company, called Artillery Company Newport’s Ghosts of the Armory Past and Present, These guest ghost hunts of the Clark Street Armory will be held at 7:00 pm & 8:30 pm on October 13th, 14th, 27th and 28th. Admission is $50 per person.
These interactive guest ghost hunts of the previously never investigated armory building will provide guests with an interactive experience of participating in an actual ghost investigation of the Clarke St. Armory building located at 23 Clarke Street. Visitors will learn the history of the Artillery Company and its ghostly happenings while working with paranormal investigators and paranormal detection equipment on an ongoing investigation of the building. The three prong goal of this collaboration is to help raise funds and awareness of the Artillery Company’s mission of educating people of all ages about the Company’s historical significance and for the SNE Paranormal Team to investigate and continue to validate evidence of the paranormal and the unknown within a historically significant site.
The Artillery Company of Newport is the oldest standing militia in the country, chartered in 1741 by King George II of Great Britain and is today a ceremonial unit of the Rhode Island Militia and Council of Historic Military Commands. It curates and displays an extensive museum collection of military uniforms, memorabilia, and antique weaponry for the State of Rhode Island as well as well as artifacts significant to the history of the Artillery Company of Newport.
Artillery Company Newport’s Ghosts of the Armory Past and Present is coordinated by the volunteer staff of SNE Paranormal Team and the Artillery Company of Newport. Fundraiser tickets for the guest ghost investigation series will be available through Brenda McGee and SNE Paranormal Team and are $50.00 per person starting in September. Please contact Brenda McGee for space availability and tickets at email@example.com or by phone at (508)768-8158.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13