Last night we wrapped up another summer season of sponsoring Laughter For Locals with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater. A big shoutout to everyone who came out and supported live local entertainment and this series this summer, look for more fun and entertaining events from us to be announced soon.
Special thanks to The Bit Players who performed last night and regularly on Monday’s this summer – Vlad, Lizzy, Frank, Tim, Rachel, Lobo, Katrina and the rest of The Bit Players and staff at The Firehouse Theater. The Bit Players have their last family friendly show of the summer this Wednesday at 7 pm before returning to their normal schedule of shows every Friday and Saturday at 8 pm.
- Sunrise: 6:10 pm
- Sunset: 7:22 pm
- Low Tide: 6:59 am & 8:22 pm
- High Tide: 1:58 am & 2:29 pm
- Today’s WX: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. East wind 8 to 13 mph. Marine: E winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight’s WX: Rain likely, mainly after 11 pm. Cloudy, with a low around 59. East wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. E winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, becoming NE 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 30 kt after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 ft. Rain likely.
- Lunar Phase: The lunar phase will be a First Quarter Moon (moon age is 7 days, lighting is 46%)
- Cruise Ship: American Constellation (Capacity: 175 passengers)
Latest on What’sUpNewp
Cluny School hits the market for $2.995 million
Euer’s margin of victory increases after Board of Elections count remaining mail ballots
Now Hiring In Newport: 110+ Local Businesses (August 28)
12+ things to do this week: August 28 – September 1
Live music and entertainment listings: August 28 – September 1
Obituary for Tony Mark Clarke
Obituary for Leonard F. Harkin
14th Annual Providence Improv Fest this September (Broadway World)
4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Wind River at Jane Pickens Theater
5:30 pm – Summer Concert Series present Lois Vaughan at Sweet Berry Farm
Entertainment & Live Music Listings
- 4:30 pm – John Erikson at The Landing
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Wind River at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm – John & Joanne at Hotel Viking
- 5:30 pm – Summer Concert Series present Lois Vaughan at Sweet Berry Farm
- 8 pm – Brian Scott at The Landing
- 9 pm – Open mic at The Wharf Pub
- 9 pm – Stu Sinclair at One Pelham East
- 9 pm – Felix Brown at Newport Blues Cafe
Want to make sure you never miss a thing? Subscribe and receive this in your inbox every morning.
Did we miss something? Hit reply and let us know!
Love what we do? Support what we do…Become a What’sUpNewp Member today! Seriously, it starts at five bucks a month. You can do this.
We’ll see you out there,
Support our local, independent online news organization. Become a What’s Up Newp Supporter today!