The final weekend of August is here, can you believe it? It’s hard to believe that September is around the corner. There’s plenty to be enjoyed in and around Newport County this weekend, enjoy!
Note: Starting today, we’re attempting to put this info up on www.whatsupnewp.com just after midnight each night. We hope this pleases you night owls or early birds who want the info in the early hours of the day.
Of course, we’ll also keep sending out this e-mail every morning, we’re hoping to get it to you by 6 am daily starting Sunday, August 27th.
- Sunrise: 6:08 pm
- Sunset: 7:24 pm
- Low Tide: 6:07 am & 7:04 pm
- High Tide: 1:10 am & 1:40 pm
- Today’s WX: Sunny, with a high near 73. East wind 7 to 11 mph. Marine: NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight’s WX: Partly cloudy, with a low around 56. Northeast wind around 8 mph. Marine: NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt in the evening. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Lunar Phase: The lunar phase will be a Waxing Crescent (moon age is 6 days, lighting is 37%)
- Cruise Ship: None
Latest on What’sUpNewp
12+ things to do this week: August 28 – September 1
Live music and entertainment listings: August 28 – September 1
On This Day In Newport History: Nation’s First Jail Sentence For Speeding Handed Down
‘Ruweida V’ Wins Panerai Newport Classic Yacht Regatta
Entertainment & Live Music Listings
- 4:30 pm – Brian Scott at The Landing
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Wind River at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm to 9 pm – Julio Amaro at Perro Salado
- 7 pm to 10 pm – The Groove Merchants at Fifth Element
- 7 pm – John Erickson at The Landing
- 8 pm – Laughter For Locals with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- 9 pm – Bruce Jacques at One Pelham East
- 9 pm – Yacht Club Rejects at Midtown Oyster Bar
- 10 pm – The Ubiquitones at Fastnet Pub
Want to make sure you never miss a thing? Subscribe and receive this in your inbox every morning.
Did we miss something? Hit reply and let us know!
Love what we do? Support what we do…Become a What’sUpNewp Member today! Seriously, it starts at five bucks a month. You can do this.
We’ll see you out there,