People’s Credit Union recently donated close to $700 to the Kiwanis Club of Aquidneck Island. The funds were raised through an employee dress down day, called Casual for a Cause, as well as bake sales throughout the month of June in People’s Credit Union’s Middletown and Newport branches.
The Kiwanis Club is a thriving organization of men, women, and youth that are dedicated to serving the children of the world and improving the quality of life worldwide. “The Kiwanis Club of Aquidneck Island thanks People’s Credit Union for donating their Casual for a Cause funds to our organization so that we may continue our mission of helping our communities. If you’re looking to give back to your community, Kiwanis is your volunteer group to join.” “We want YOU,” said David Koohy, current Club President.
For more information about People’s Credit Union visit peoplescu.com.
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season