Reynaldo M. De Guzman, 74, of Middletown, RI, passed away on August 15, 2017 at Charlton Memorial Hospital in Fall River, MA.
He was the husband of Victoria (Fernandez) De Guzman.
Born in the Philippines on November 30, 1943, he was the son of the late Juan P. and Hilaria (Mandapat) De Guzman.
Mr. De Guzman was a veteran of the United States Navy, having served in Vietnam.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by his son, John Marlou Fernandez; his siblings, Tony De Guzman, Rizalito De Guzman, Carlos De Guzman, Eddie De Guzman and Aurora De Guzman; and his beloved friend, Emilio Miranda.
Visiting hours will be held at Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport, RI on Friday, August 18, 2017 from 4:00-7:00 p.m.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 19, 2017 at St. Lucy’s Church, 909 West Main Rd., Middletown, RI. Burial will follow in Newport Memorial Park, Middletown, RI.
Online condolences and information available at www.memorialfuneralhome.com
More from What's Up Newp
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)