Reynaldo M. De Guzman, 74, of Middletown, RI, passed away on August 15, 2017 at Charlton Memorial Hospital in Fall River, MA.
He was the husband of Victoria (Fernandez) De Guzman.
Born in the Philippines on November 30, 1943, he was the son of the late Juan P. and Hilaria (Mandapat) De Guzman.
Mr. De Guzman was a veteran of the United States Navy, having served in Vietnam.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by his son, John Marlou Fernandez; his siblings, Tony De Guzman, Rizalito De Guzman, Carlos De Guzman, Eddie De Guzman and Aurora De Guzman; and his beloved friend, Emilio Miranda.
Visiting hours will be held at Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport, RI on Friday, August 18, 2017 from 4:00-7:00 p.m.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 19, 2017 at St. Lucy’s Church, 909 West Main Rd., Middletown, RI. Burial will follow in Newport Memorial Park, Middletown, RI.
Online condolences and information available at www.memorialfuneralhome.com
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters